What is farm biosecurity and why it’s important
Biosecurity is the combination of safeguards that minimise risk of pathogen(s) entering and/or being spread within a farming system.
- These safeguards are made up of integrated Standard Operating Procedures, regular Compliance Audits, Active Pathogen Surveillance, Emergency Response Plans and importantly, Staff Training and an appreciation by all members of a Team what biosecurity means and how to practice good hygiene and biosecurity practices
- Biosecurity also extends to workflow design, systems design, farm layout, contractor compliance and essentially covers all possible input scenarios and movement scenarios in a given premise.
Good Biosecurity Practices are essential in all animal production systems to mitigate risk of pathogen incursion and secure farming certainly.
Genics: A holistic approach to your farm’s biosecurity
Our biosecurity solutions are underpinned by a holistic approach that incorporates global best practice in systems design, animal husbandry, operational goals, whilst leveraging Genics proprietary Shrimp MultiPath™ and eDNA Water MultiPath advanced technologies. Some of our services include –
- Confidential Biosecurity Benchmark Audits
- Creation of a customised Biosecurity Framework and Response Plan
- eDNA water testing using Water MultiPath
- Testing of feed using Feed MultiPath
- Early pathogen detection in shrimp and pigs using Shrimp or Pork MultiPath™
Biosecurity Benchmark Audits and Customised Response Plans
Environmental DNA (eDNA) analysis, our newest biosecurity safeguard
Test your animal feed (shrimp, pigs and others) for pathogens
Regular testing of your farm inputs to reduce risk of a biosecurity breach
Use Shrimp and Pork MultiPath™ for animal biosecurity surveillance
Begin with Confidential Biosecurity Benchmark Audits and establish your practical Response Plan
Confidential Biosecurity Benchmark Audits for your business
As a starting point we work with clients to establish your biosecurity benchmark in three simple steps.
- We perform a confidential audit of your current biosecurity protocols
- We provide an evidence based custom Confidential Biosecurity Benchmark Audit Report detailing any gaps in your farm biosecurity defence
- We provide the solutions and consulting to reduce risk of biosecurity breaches.
Delivering your Biosecurity Response Plan
As part of our biosecurity consultancy, we work with farmers to create a Biosecurity Framework and Response Plan
- The plan intersects with your Confidential Biosecurity Benchmark Audit Report
- It outlines what systems and protocols are needed to avoid a breach, but also what additional emergency measures are recommended in the unlikely scenario a biosecurity breach occurs
- Your Biosecurity Framework and Response Plan is a dynamic framework that will be added to as new technology and improved systems are developed.
Request more information OR book a meeting
Complete the form below
If you’d like one of our team to discuss your needs, please complete the request below and we’ll be in touch.
Book a meeting
If you’d like a Teams meeting to discuss your needs, please book a time.